Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thinking Chair Pics

She was not so reluctant to sit on the "thinking chair" the very first time I introduced it (I felt that "naughty" will come across as being quite punitive). Infact, I couldn't resist taking out my cell phone to take pictures of her cos she was sitting prettily on the chair after I told her to! When Megan saw my phone, she knew it was picture time and smiled at the camera (which of cos, wasn't the idea). So I have to put it aside first, and tell her why she has to sit there. She understood perfectly what I said, and began to sulk after I explained why I brought the stool out. Which is quite to my amazement to be honest, cos I really didn't expect her to fully understand the concept of punishment.

Later in the day, she committed the same offence again. And when I said "sit on thinking chair", she began to wail ! I insisted on her sitting down, and held her down firmly to the chair cos she was struggling to break free. Then, grandaunty came along and 'rescued the princess'.

Mama couldn't let the thinking chair be there for nothing, so the persistent mama took her back after she was less agitated (but still crying) and told Megan she must "sit and think-think" cos mama is gonna "talk". She understood and sat, albeit for less than a minute. I talked as little as I could to explain to her. Then its the sorry mama and xoxo.

Tiring to discipline. But has to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment